Sunday, January 3, 2010

As You Wish...A Blog Requested by @Aaronswray

Apparently when you ask Twitter what to write about, they answer:

Cary Elwes movies


Here we go...

I would be lying if I said I didn't have to IMDB the name, although I could easily pick him out of a police lineup. I haven't seen him acting much lately, so that might be the first place I would look for him. I should be nicer about this, considering he was in one of the finer films of the millennium prior to the Willenium (which is still going strong, although I have dibs on the next thousand years...dont be greedy Mr. Smith. ) Robin Hood, Men in Tights. I learned a lot from this film...like what it means to get circumcised, crossing rivers is easy, and foxes sound like Dolphins.

Cary was a cotton headed ninny muggins in Twister. He was all flash and heart. All he had was money, great equipment, a competent team, and stunning good looks <--wait, were we supposed to root against this guy? He was also in the smash hit Hot Shots! Which as we all know is Charlie Sheen's best known work...apart from his more indie work portfolio of domestic abuse and drugs.

Boom Roasted, Charlie Sheen.

He also had a huge part in Dracula, where he clearly was able to feed off of the acting prowess of Keanu Reeves. (I actually never saw it, Keanu was in it right?...I don't care, whoa Socrates). If you have ever read this before, or have talked to me for more than 3 minutes you know I think Keanu is a top 10 actor of my generation (seriously) (no joke) (I believe this) which makes Cary top 40 by proxy.

Glory was probably one of his more prominent roles...that I haven't seen. Although speaking of Glory: One time some friends were playing Scene it, the popular DVD quiz game where you guess the movie title given certain clues. This one clue was an audio clip of a big speech in Glory, very heart felt, and very confident in himself my friend screams out...i know this one, Nutty Professor. Now, I know I have not seen Glory...but Im fairly certain the plot lines, and general structure of the two movies is not similar (although im sure there is a lot of farting in Glory also).

Most great actors get into directing, which is exactly what Cary did. I hear he was runner up around 7 times for nominations in the directing category...each time for his work with...

....wait for it...

its that good....

PINKY & THE BRAIN

Narf

This post had no point, no thesis statement, but gosh darn it Cary Elwes...I salute you.
::insert picture here::

Meagan Fox Naked. (It means goodbye...honestly, it will catch on)

No comments:

Post a Comment

dash my dreams or fuel my ambitions.