Sunday, January 23, 2011

Todd Family Discipline

There were very few instances when my sister or I had to be disciplined. I think my parents believed in spanking, but I don't remember it happening. I was forced to spend some time in my room...not sure why, maybe I didn't eat my brussel sprouts?


Actually, my family had brussel sprouts only once. My mom ate one, hated it, and refused to let us kids have them.

The only formal rules we had were for at the dinner table. We all came up with the list together. No elbows on the table, no dessert before dinner, don't kill a tree. <<---that last one was mine, because I'm progressive.

I totally went outside and ripped a branch in half during dinner once. Felt ashamed for years.


The only time anyone truly gets yelled at is when we drop the "p" word. It is a word you WILL NOT hear in my household, even now that we're all grown. Peanut. Seriously, don't bother asking for the peanut butter, we won't respond. If you need something to spread on your jelly and bread, its penis butter you ask for, or you will hear about it. Penis butter M&Ms, penis butter and jelly, a bowl of honey roasted penis. This is how we talk. All because one time my grandma said "peanit" which sounds an awful lot like penis (it also sounds an awful lot like peanut, but that's not how we roll) so it stuck.

Its still awkward asking the girl scouts for 4 boxes of penis butter tagalongs.

It may seem juvenile, but its really deeper than that. Just like how we replace the subject of songs with the word poop when we sing. Not mandatory like penis, but still fun.

MFsansclothes

2 comments:

  1. Recommended by professionals:

    Plain Talk About Spanking
    by Jordan Riak
    http://www.nospank.net/pt2010.pdf

    The Sexual Dangers of Spanking Children
    by Tom Johnson
    http://nospank.net/sdsc2.pdf

    NO VITAL ORGANS THERE, So They Say
    by Lesli Taylor MD and Adah Maurer PhD
    http://nospank.net/taylor.htm



    Most current research:

    Spanking Kids Increases Risk of Sexual Problems
    http://www.unh.edu/news/cj_nr/2008/feb/lw28spanking.cfm

    Use of Spanking for 3-Year-Old Children and Associated Intimate Partner Aggression or Violence
    http://pediatrics.aappublications.org/cgi/content/abstract/126/3/415

    Spanking Can Make Children More Aggressive Later
    http://tulane.edu/news/releases/pr_03122010.cfm

    Children Who Are Spanked Have Lower IQs
    http://www.unh.edu/news/cj_nr/2009/sept/lw25straus.cfm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Keyword guy, this is exactly what information I was looking for in my post.

    ReplyDelete

dash my dreams or fuel my ambitions.