I love to laugh, and the bromance comedy delivers as much.
But there is one problem with every bromance movie since the Judd Apatow revolution of 2003. <--don't quote that year, its accuracy is irrelevant...its just meant to show that something is wrong in the comedy world of movies lately. (and God love him, it might be Apatow's fault).
In recent comedies, the crisis hits and things turn sad for the lead characters...
AND THEY DONT MAKE IT A FUNNY SAD
"I thought we were friends!"
"We aren't friends, f*$# this, I'm out of here" (Pineapple Express, Superbad, I love you Man...)
Its ok to go sad, it makes for a bigger happier moment. But go sad...with an awkward laugh or five...make it fake sad. Harry and Lloyd got upset with each other, Lloyd got stabbed in the back and the two hated each other. But in the mix of hatred was diarrhea, and a frank discussion on who should take the first bullet.
Boo hoo hoo guy from superbad who i dont remember you name, Michael Cera didnt tell you he was living with Fogel...dont cry about it, pull down his pants in the middle of the street, do something comical.
I think what I am tying to say is if I wanted to cry at a movie, I would go see Click <<--seriously, i will cry every time...wait that was a comedy too...
I can't handle this, where is Leslie Nielson when you need him
AND THEY DONT MAKE IT A FUNNY SAD
"I thought we were friends!"
"We aren't friends, f*$# this, I'm out of here" (Pineapple Express, Superbad, I love you Man...)
Its ok to go sad, it makes for a bigger happier moment. But go sad...with an awkward laugh or five...make it fake sad. Harry and Lloyd got upset with each other, Lloyd got stabbed in the back and the two hated each other. But in the mix of hatred was diarrhea, and a frank discussion on who should take the first bullet.
Boo hoo hoo guy from superbad who i dont remember you name, Michael Cera didnt tell you he was living with Fogel...dont cry about it, pull down his pants in the middle of the street, do something comical.
I think what I am tying to say is if I wanted to cry at a movie, I would go see Click <<--seriously, i will cry every time...wait that was a comedy too...
I can't handle this, where is Leslie Nielson when you need him
goodnight
No comments:
Post a Comment
dash my dreams or fuel my ambitions.