that sucks, im sorry.
You spilled BBQ sauce on your 4 year old cargo shorts, that sucks. and im sorry. You just found out you have AIDS and your cat died; that sucks, im sorry. In no way should the fact that it sucks you stained your shorts affect that getting AIDS also, in addition to, sucks. Both situations fall under the definition of sucking.
Webster's: Suck - ADJ - To not be good, as in, the opposite of doesn't suck.
[dear Webster, didn't anybody ever teach you not to use the word in its definition]
Sucks is the only word I know to use to console a friend. It either sucks, or there will be silence. You choose. (I actually choose). Depending on how much it sucks I might say it twice, say it during a hug, or while laughing. But it still sucks. Sucks is the only word, and it has never made anybody feel good. <--insert dirty joke here
I blame the education system in America; not because its their fault, but because that's what I've learned to do from the American education system. Fifth graders, along with fractions (please don't ask me to multiply a fraction without a TI-83 handy...nay, a TI-83 Plus), should have to respond creatively to terrible news.
Random moments in the day:
Timmy - "my dog skip died" Little Girls Name - "That's a terrible movie"
They'll probably be better at it than me just then...because they'll be learning.
All Im saying is, I lack the tools I need to respond to your emotional distress. I lack the words, and maybe even more importantly...i lack the emotions. and that sucks.
Sidenote (footnote?): In my family, sucks is a bad word. This post would have cost me $2.35 in the swear jar.
Meagan Fox; Naked.
Fuck you sick whore.
ReplyDeleteI didn't know Jerry Brown read my blog!
ReplyDelete