Friday, June 5, 2009

I am so sorry...

I know how much you crave my blog, and i have not delivered very much satisfaction of late. So instead of doing something original, i will try to hold you over with my "Twitter Comedy Sunday" set. I told them I would do a 15 minute set, and nailed it dead on 15 minutes. Also, don't judge me, its super hard to write funny things in under 136 characters. :) still fun...

  • Thanks @mamabee4 for setting this up, and graciously giving me the headlining spot. I assume 4pm is primetime for west coast comedy #TCS
  • Comedy on twitter is like my first time in bed, too short and laughed at by strangers on the internet. #TCS
  • Twitter comedy is nice b/c you cant see how nervous I am like up on stage. Lets just say its like im on the campaign trail (handshakes) #TCS
  • Believe me when I say #TCS is going on my comedy resume, right next to the time I said I was not yet ready to rock n roll at a concert #TCS
  • Twitters good for job networking unless youre a graduate who also does comedy. Then its good for telling employers you like poop jokes #TCS

  • #TCS comedian Steve Martin does not believe in punchlines. I disagree, a joke w/o a punchline is like a skinny rabbit in a field w/o....

  • Nerdy kids develop a sense of humor to be cool. But what can a nerdy joke do, sleep with a slutty joke? Sell the rich jokes pot? #TCS

  • More people should like being alone, specifically the guy who started the swine flu (outdated joke, might as well have been about OJ) #TCS

  • OJ said “if I did kill her its b/c I love her so much” Lil boys pull the hair of girls they LIKE, so yea maybe LOVE looks like stabbing #TCS

  • Im such a lonely guy that I often reply to spammers “can you tell me a little more about what you have to offer...maybe over lunch?” #TCS

  • As a lonely kid I wanted to break my arm so kids would sign my cast. I never did, but I did get arthritis. Sign my bottle of pain meds? #TCS

  • Arthritis is an easy disease to hide, unless you're doing something strenuous...like walking uphill. #TCS

  • My mom had lupus. One pill she took hurt her short-term memory which really hurt her trips to the video store #TCS

  • “aw mom not Sinbads Houseguest for the 4th time! I know it hurts your memory but does it make you think crappy movies are ok too” #TCS

  • My mom is better now, which is why I joke. She still gets her prescriptions filled as a reminder...of her new addiction to pain meds #TCS

  • IKEA: selling unmade furniture is like selling sperm. The customer gets to create something that's “theirs”...but not really. #TCS

  • In school I was really good at math...unless fractions were involved. In life im good at sex, unless fractions are involved #TCS

  • Whats up is not a real question, dont respond. I dont want to hear about ur dead puppy. Im busy and im sorry I forgot to feed your dog #TCS

  • Thats it for me tonight, just a short opening set. big ups to the #TCS comics coming up next, I love you. Lets hang out later everybody #TCS
Well thats whats up, first Twitter comedy gig. Please criticize, i could use some more fuel for my fire.

No comments:

Post a Comment

dash my dreams or fuel my ambitions.