The book is never better than the movie, because you can't share the experience with a friend...and the butter stains the pages.
I have a roommate, who's last name is Hiden, who refuses to read a book that isn't already a movie. I think it might be because he never learned to read, so this way he can pretend to read it and still tell somebody the summary if called out.
"I know you can't read, what's that book about?"
"Tom Hanks gets stranded on an Island with only a volleyball to keep him sane."
"Um, I think you have the wrong Cast Away" :

I've said it before and I will say it again, Keanu Reeves is a top ten actor of my generation. I have had many a conversation that starts with: "Keanu Reeves sucks." Only to have that same person chiming in at the end with..."oh shoot, and I loved the Replacements." Yes you did love the Replacements and Hardball and The Matrix and Point Break and Bill & Ted and Constantine and Speed (smart enough not to be in Speed 2) and maybe even Lake House...
Not the Lake House. I don't get it...writing letters back in time is cool, writing letters only 2 years back in time, not cool. What's it like 2 years from now? Oh right, I'm still alive in 2 years, I already know.
I've been Twitter-ing way too much. Its literally impossible for me to write anything more than 140 charatcters now. I say that, just so I can say this:
I hate when people use the term literally, when something is clearly not meant to be literal. I like to respond with " I would literally punch you in the face if there weren't so many cops around." It's worth it just to see their face after they finish uttering the phrase "wait, there aren't any cops here."
Goodnight
literally
No comments:
Post a Comment
dash my dreams or fuel my ambitions.