Tuesday, May 19, 2009

2nd Installment of:

Random Notebook Entries

So my little notebook hasn't gotten a lot of use lately, but I thought I would share some things that found its way into its pages.

1. "Sasquatch going on a date"
2. "Acid Flashbacks"
3. "Cupcakes in pocket"
4. "Inside Jokes"

Sasquatch on a date seems random at first. But it was a highly calculated stab at my roommate's combination of facial hair and formal attire this summer. Like Bigfoot shaved enough so that his eyes were visible for his date to gaze into, but not enough for his date to want to.

(side note, my new favorite pastime is looking at somebody and coming up with a handful of "you look like _______" I realize immediately that this makes no sense written with no context...moving on...)

Apparently if you do enough acid in your lifetime, you fall into an acid flashback when you crack your back. That sounds absolutely awful...until you realize that instead of listening to your boss' story of a fish "this big" <<--hands out wide you can go to your happy place with a swift crack of the back.

The origins of the notebook entry "cupcakes in pocket": (*humor at the time enhanced by miller brewing company) My roommate on a walk to Chili's said "oh gross, there are still cupcake crumbs in my pocket" I had to wonder, what circumstance arises where you would have to stash a cupcake in your pocket for later? At fat camp maybe, but there are floorboards for that. I don't have a funny answer to my quandary...only more questions, like where do you get a cupcake small enough to fit in your pocket...and why are there only crumbs and no icing? Are we sure this isn't a muffin disguised as a cupcake situation?

My girl friends have so many inside jokes. They can walk up to each other, say one word to spark a memory of a random 30 seconds that happened three years ago...and laugh for hours. "Shrimp!" hahahahahahahahahahahah <<-- true story
I don't have the memory to form quality inside jokes.
me -"omelet!" hahahaha
friend - "what, you mean what we had for breakfast...an hour ago"
me - "yes, heheh"
friend - "you're dumb"

1 comment:

  1. I wish I did Acid everytime my kid asks me to help with his math homework. Just cheat off of somebody else like an adult.

    ReplyDelete

dash my dreams or fuel my ambitions.