I started reading "Born Standing Up" again today, and blew through like 100 pages in one sitting. Which probably isn't impressive to you "readers" out there who have probably already read through the newest Harry Potter book 6 times over. <<--is that the cool thing for the reading types these days?
I'm going to be in the DC Metro area this summer. Should I try and get a real open mic gig? terrifying. I don't want to say I'm like Michael J. Fox when I'm on stage, but I look a little like M.J.Fox up on stage. The sharp wit and classic 90's look, not the shaking...that would be tasteless.
Being nervous is a little bit of a problem. a lot a bit of a problem, lack of material. I came up with this really funny bit about how women are different from men and how airplane food is bad, I mean what's the deal?...but I don't think its going to work out.
I should just steal one joke from every comedian
That's Dane Cook's secret. That and talking about getting hit in the face. If its not funny the first time say it louder. Still not funny? squat down, and say it really quietly in the camera. Still not funny? hit yourself in the face.
Not a real post tonight, just an attempt to get back in a rhythm. More posts to come. Hopefully funny ones that reveal my inner nerd.
That's Dane Cook's secret. That and talking about getting hit in the face. If its not funny the first time say it louder. Still not funny? squat down, and say it really quietly in the camera. Still not funny? hit yourself in the face.
Not a real post tonight, just an attempt to get back in a rhythm. More posts to come. Hopefully funny ones that reveal my inner nerd.
Goodnight
No comments:
Post a Comment
dash my dreams or fuel my ambitions.