Tuesday, February 10, 2009

I wish my glass had more water in it...

I'm thirsty...but the sink is not in the room. There is some ginger ale, but I don't think i'm sick, so thats an inappropriate drink. Gross, its flat. (sorry for lying to you, i always planned to drink that ginger ale).

My girlfriend said something tonight, and followed it with "oh great thats going to get talked about in the blog tonight" That might've been true had I been listening to her. jk jk <<---its a comedy blog, is this necessary? I really do listen to people, but my retention is awful. I often meet new people, and by the time they finish saying their name...I'm ready to ask them their name. Most of the time you can get away without any issues, follow up with a round of "hey you" and "what's up friend." But I got burned on one occasion. It was a group icebreaker. Find people in the room who fulfill certain qualities. Write their name in the corresponding box. Here's what happened:
ME: Hey, I'm CT do you match any of these?

Girl: Hey, I'm Allison...yea I can speak another language

ME: (staring at the paper, with a pen waiting to write her name) Um...what's your name?

Girl: Well CT. Its Allision. <<--
ouch, you didn't have to show off

In a matter of 2 seconds, I forgot another human being's name; her essence. What I should have done was ask her to write her own name on the paper. What I did do was make an ass out of myself.

24 tonight was epic. Did it help that me and the bros [including bff erin lee] were drinking beer in real time? Yes. But it was still epic. One liners were everywhere tonight. Never did, "So are you going to give me your keys or not" sound so badass. Barely anything blew up, and there were no gun fights until the last 3 minutes...but i still left feeling fulfilled. Which is nice, because it can, on occasions, give you 24 blue balls.

I need to sleep. Beauty sleep. Sleeping Beauty. Dwarfs. Cookies. Nope that's elves. Billy Joel is not good. Shout out to Bogazici University.

GOODNIGHT


4 comments:

  1. You are not funny. You are not even amusing. You will never make it in the comedy business.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Despite what the anonymous grumpy gills said above, this is awesome. You are hilarious-it is a gift. I am excited to see where this will take you in life. Keep doing your thing...



    for the record, if you do not have anything positive to say about billy joel, do not say anything at all

    ReplyDelete
  3. to the anonymous person I say the following:
    I would love to see you try and make it as anything other than a Debbie Downer.

    To CT i say: Right on, brother! Keep on keeping on. You'll make it one day!

    Also, Bogazici University??

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha, Jac...I think you have more in common with the debbie downer than you think. (they spent last night google searching for blogs with "Billy Joel" in them.

    To Mr/Mrs. Miami Beach: Thank you, criticism noted. Maybe I'll quit now?

    Ryan: Don't worry about it ;)

    ReplyDelete

dash my dreams or fuel my ambitions.