Sunday, February 15, 2009

What's Up Naca...

I'm in Nashville...watching an hanging out with some mildly successful musicians, poets and comedians. So far the highlights for me, Stephen Lynch and Doug Benson. Stephen Lynch dropped the F bomb at least 80 times, after opening with a song about aids. Its not my style, but apparently I laugh, a lot, at things that aren't my style.

Doug Benson is what I want my style to be...because he seems to have none at all. Random, with a hint of pop culture. (slightly outdated pop culture). Plus he took a concept I've been using for awhile and made it into several minutes of comedic gold.

McGriddles are McGriddles, both singular and plural...a "McGriddle" does not exist.

I'm not sure the body can handle plural McGriddles. Eat half, you're feeling great...no regrets. Eat one whole one, you're starting to realize you have a date with the bathroom. More than that is indeterminable. I'd imagine it would end with you in the ER for dehydration.

Another comic had material on another thing I had thought of awhile ago:

When you say "Naca"...it's very similar to slang for the N-word

I have to admit, i think his jokes work better than mine...mostly because he is black. Its a lot easier to be confident about a play on words using the N-word when you've been using the term for awhile already.

Maybe I should just start using it more often?

Nope.

I got my picture taken with three people today... the Rapper Twista, Doug Benson, and a balloon turtle. All three as important as the others. (the turtle made it into the Doug Benson picture as well...picture whore).

I'm running on 1 hour of sleep...and i have to wake up for another full day of entertainment, education sessions, and agents pimping out their talent whores.

GOODNIGHT

1 comment:

  1. glad to see that you are keeping us updated and that you are meeting pretty cool people!


    Also, HURRY THE FUCK HOME!

    ReplyDelete

dash my dreams or fuel my ambitions.